Monday, February 23, 2009

Act II: Man of the Hour(s)


I watched the Oscars last night and was not left disappointed. Amused, but defiantly not disappointed. Hugh Jackman as a host couldn't have been more great. I thought he was funny, a little cheesy, but all the more lovable. I was also pleased with the big winners of the night. Most awards were predictable (such as Slumdog Millionare winning every other award) but others I hadn't seen coming. I will say that the only debbie downers of the night were Taraji Henson loosing best female supporting actress to Penelope Cruz and Jackman's performance with the big names. I was rooting for Henson to take it home.

The highlights of the night for me, were Hugh Jackman's opening number as well as Ben Stiller's impersonation of Joaquin Pheonix. I though it was inventive as well as amusing, Jackman's song n' skit incorperating all of the big films of the night into cute and funny phrases poking fun at them. I, however, was disapointed in the Jackman, Beyonce, Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Efron number. It honestly reminded me of a High School Musical scene that Beyonce and Jackman just happened to be the cameos, in Grease fashion... All in all I was pretty pleased in how the night went. Some of my favorite looking people included Amy Adams, Angelina Jolie, Penelope Cruz, and Seth Rogan. (partially just 'cause he's Seth Rogan) I have to say after seeing Slumdog win all the awards, this has furthered my curiosity about the movie. Basically saying 'I really wanna see it!' Well, I'm all the more excited for next year's Oscars. Hopefully we'll have some more fresh, new talent. What about Miley Cyrus' "Hannah Montana: The Movie"? She's fresh, she's new, she's young, she's totally nominated for an Academy Award. I mean how many people do you know who have the talent to pull off yourself, along with another you plus a wig. Huh? Huh?

I'd Date Him
<===quality laughs. just fo' kicks.

Many Shades of Black~ The Raconteurs

No comments: