Thursday, February 19, 2009

Act I: You Had It Coming!


Back in middle school I would have this thing called "the name drop of the day." It would be a name or phrase picked out by either yours truly or a friend of mine. This name has been everyone from Freddie Mercury to Jack the Camera Guy, it constantly varied, daily..haha. I have decided to bring this tradition back with a twist. I will choose an artist, band, song, album, ect. of the day. Feel free to listen to this selection on your everyday headphones, iphones, or telephones.

I just recently re-watched the musical Chicago and fell in love all over again. Reminded me why again this was nominated for so many awards. I mean Richard Gere, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Renee Zellweger at their best in my opinion. I still get chills whenever I hear the phrase "POP, six! Squish!, uh! uh!, Cicero, Lipshitz..." I wish more movies were made like this today with amazing illustrations of the performing arts, wardrobe, setting, and cinematography. Now who's seeing the Jonas Brothers in 3d?!?!

All That Jazz~ Chicago

3 comments:

Grace said...

i too am a fan of the cellblock tango! but i have never actually seen chicago. i just know that song

meg_e said...

i'll be at the jobros. i hear chicago is great, so i'll have to rent it

Anonymous said...

hah did you watch it on amc. i watched it on wednesday or something. it's been one of my favorites ever since i did a dance to "roxie" in a dance class when i was like 8.