Monday, March 9, 2009

Now Let Me Introduce Myself, My Name is Rossstar


I decided to dedicate one post out of my many to give props to one of my favorite radio stations and hosts. I found out about DJ Rossstar through my intense phase through pop punk/rock. He had done video interviews with some of my favorite bands at the time, All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, ect. The videos were always entertaining and hilarious because of how unique his questions would be and Rossstar's presence with the guests, as if they had known each other for years. One thing he's known for is his art of bringing musicians and fans on the same level of familiarity.

"Basically, I try to ask all the questions that the fans really want to know." Rossstar said in statement when explaining why he created the station to a guest band on the show. Skipping the bio's and history of the band and always getting to the good stuff. "Tell me about the wheelchair story," Rossstar states blatantly to his guests All Time Low to start off the interview. "HAH. The wheelchair story! Straight into the good stuff," All Time Low lead man Alex Gaskarth said.

On every segment of his show, recorded live, he allows about 5 min, if not more through out to let fans Instant Message him questions and comments to the band. No matter how odd, inappropriate, or stupid the question may be, you have about a 90% chance of getting it said on the air. (if you message it like 5 times of course) I personally have had my comments read to some of my favorite bands each time. Some including comments about my fictitious cat biting me or asking if anyone's hungry...

Some of his more notable guests include Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, A Rocket to the Moon, the Academy Is, LMFAO, Pierce the Veil and more. You can check DJ Rossstar out every Wednesday and Thursday at 9pm central on stickam.com/djrossstar, and befriend him on facebook (DJ Rossstar, with 3 s' children). Much love to DJ Rossstar, spread the word!


Vampire Weekend- Kids Don't Stand a Chance

2 comments:

juy said...

Honored :)

Maya said...

you have no idea how much your responses mean to me. thank you, really.